By Christopher Munn
Read or Download Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880 PDF
Best asian history books
An exam of the political and diplomatic position of yankee nuclear guns in conflicts with a non-nuclear China within the Korean conflict and the Taiwan Strait crises of 1954-1955 and 1958, this research analyzes the yankee tendency to get entangled in confrontations with some distance weaker powers over problems with little or no strategic importance to the U.S..
Ok. Natwar Singh’s multi-faceted lifestyles has been immensely enriched through his present for friendship and private kin. The letters during this awesome quantity are a remarkable testimony of his skill to narrate to quite a few special members. His correspondents contain Indira Gandhi, E. M. Forster, Rajaji, Lord Mountbatten, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, President Nyerere , President Kannda, President Jayewardence, Vijaylakshmi Pandit, M.
This ebook, first released in 1974, seeks to respond to the questions even if the has a tendency to be an remoted unit particularly bring to an end from its prolonged relations community; no matter if the styles and results of urbanization within the constructing countries persist with the exact same strains as within the industrialised international locations; and no matter if the transition from pre-urban to city dwelling unavoidably includes stresses and traces, clash and sociocultural maladjustments.
- Leftover in China: The Women Shaping the World's Next Superpower
- The Chinese Economy Under Maoism: The Early Years, 1949-1969
- Harmonious Intervention: China's Quest for Relational Security (Rethinking Asia and International Relations)
- Ancient Pakistan - An Archeological History: Volume II: A Prelude to Civilization (Ancient Pakistan - An Archaeological History Book 2)
- Death Waits in the Dark: The Senoi Praaq, Malaysia's Killer Elite (Contributions to the Study of World History)
Additional info for Anglo-China: Chinese People and British Rule in Hong Kong, 1841-1880